Friday, August 20, 2010

A smile

A smile flutters across her lip,
For just a small while; a blip,
A brief memory of the past,
Of moments that don't often last,
A funny incident or two, long gone,
Mere memories that now make her feel forlorn.

A few silent tears do escape her eyes,
As she thinks of the state in which her life now lies,
Moments of fun, all but gone,
Moments of sorrow that she does silently mourn.

Comfort her he could, how he does wish,
Tell her if he could, how her smile, he does miss,
A smile that used to sparkle his day,
A smile that used to wipe his tears away.
A smile that make him feel ok.

A time comes when we all feel down,
Then is the time to discard the frown,
And smile a happy joyous smile,
A smile that others cherish a while,
A smile that often makes their day,
A smile that makes them feel ok.

A smile, that's all there is,
There ain't no more,
I promise you this,
A smile is all that's there to cherish,
In our life, before we perish,
So whenever you can, beam a smile,
You never know, whose life it does make worthwhile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that you have started writing regular poems... who is the one motivating you

Mukul said...

Hehe...surprisingly me myself...but i won't gloat about the secret promises that i've made to myself with regards to blogging, least I jinx myself and stop writing.