Saturday, December 25, 2010

A poem shall I pen

It occurred to me once,
That it shouldn't be too difficult,
To pen down my thoughts; my words,
In such a form that they rhyme.
And so emerges this poem of mine.

This is where it gets hard; more difficult,
When I think of the topic on which I will write,
Options a plenty - its tough to decide.
Shall I write about a person dear,
An ode to someone I hold very near.
Or shall I, tales of nature's beauty sing,
Of how wonderfully on the foliage green,
Does the patter of the raindrops ring.
Or shall I yet, everyone with an anecdote regale,
Or perhaps, write something inspirational, something wise,
Of how to succeed, must one try and try again without fail,
Of how must one always speak the truth and never tell lies.

****
So many thoughts and, yet, to decide what to pen, I am at a loss,
Perhaps its best I let this poetic desire of mine go for a toss.

No comments: