Sunday, October 23, 2011

Have you looked into the eyes...

Of a child rebuked,
Up at you they innocently look,
A solemn promise...
I'll never fail you again,
A firm determination...
I'll make up for transgression,
A plaintive cry...
Take me in your arms,
Let bygones be.

Of a mother who must part,
From the little one she does,
Hold so near to her heart,
An outpouring of love...
Sweetie, this is for all the time I'll not be here,
A welling up of tears...
The pain of parting with a piece of my heart,
A glimmer of hope...
A brighter future awaits,
When I'll be with my child again.

Of someone who holds you dear,
When they've been hurt by you,
Complete and utter sadness...
Being let down by one I trusted,
A steely resolve...
I'll never trust you again,
A resigned acceptance...
Perhaps you were not the friend I expected you to be.

***
It is rightly said that the eyes do talk...they shout out our true feelings, and utter that which our brain doesn't permit our mouth to speak.


No comments: