Thursday, November 22, 2012

The festive spirit - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a wonderful occasion - it gives one the time to look back at the year that has passed, and be thankful to the divine power above - God, Bhagwaan, Allah, Waheguru - for the many experiences that the year has enriched you with, with His blessings and grace.

It also allows you to be thankful to many of His embodiments in flesh that have graced your life and made it more meaningful and, well, full of life :). I'd like to take this occasion to thank everyone who
I've had the pleasure of having known in my life. Each and every one of you have impacted me in more ways that I can possibly pen down.

Be it playing games of dice with my Nanaji , eating sumptuous gaajar-ka-halwa prepared by Nani, or the tangy kheere-ka-raita by Dadi, the proud walks on the farm organized by Dadaji, all have gone a long way in shaping my personality to what it is today. Thank you for passing on your words of wisdom and showering me with unadulterated love.

The Panchtantra stories taped down by my Mom for me to listen to while a child, the Hero Ranger cycle that was gifted by Dad, the innumerable times I've fallen back on my brother for guidance and support (boy that was hard to admit!) - I've actually come to take all of you for granted. Thank you always being there for me, through thick and thin .

The wonderful teachers that I've been blessed with, throughout my life, who've served as my mentors and guides. Teachers who would actually cook up aalo-paranthas for all hostelers when they won an inter-class elocution, teachers who'd make you appreciate literature, by reading Enid Blyton, teachers who were completely invested in just making you better people - I don't think we can put a salary on such a job. Highly indebted indeed. Guru Govind dono khade kake lagu paay. Balihari Guru aapki Govind diyo batay - Sant Kabirdas

And if this was not blessing enough, extraordinary friends, strangers I just happened to share the same space to begin with and have come to share the unique bond of trust and affection, and who have become the go-to people for some quality time-pass :). Thanks a lot Semites, Columbans, NSITitans, Microsoftians and fellow Georgia Tech students for making the journey, that much more fun and fulfilling.

Needless to say, whatever shortcomings I demonstrate today, stem from not exactly embodying the ideals that you all have espoused for me, and are thus, due to my own shortcomings. Forgive me for some non-ideal behavior that I might have exhibited :( - I'll try to improve, and with your company, I shall :).

Here's wishing you all, all the very best for the year ahead, and a big THANK YOU for being His embodiment in my life!

The times go by; caught in this busy world,
Carrying out our little tasks you and I,
There shall be times, when we do not meet,
When, for long, each other, we do not greet,
Yet, forever in my thoughts, you will remain,
You are the only thing in life I did gain,
You pushed me when I needed a lift,

Held me back, when you felt I needed restrain,
And gave me love and affection without refrain.
There have been times when I've this fact hid,
But not today - thank you for all the things that you did!


-With love,
Mukul


2 comments:

neo87 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
neo87 said...

You are welcome but save this Thank you speech for later. You still got a long way to go...