Monday, December 14, 2009

A Love Letter

Your lips curl up into a smile,
And I am beside myself with joy.
A sad tear runs down your tender cheek,
And I wallow in despair.

Each word echoing from your lips,
Is like the ringing of sweet bells.
Your laughter is intoxicating like wine,
Always leaving me wanting for more.

Your eyes, the depth of the ocean they hold,
And mesmerize me whenever I look at them,
Your silky hair, in the cool breeze they sway,
And enamored by these locks, my heart does sigh.

I could keep on writing things about you, my love,
Trying to state how much I love you,
And yet, just as an artist can't do justice Mother Nature,
My word's would never do any justice to my feelings for you,
For no matter how hard I try,
My words shall miserably fail
At trying to capture my love for you.
Still, I attempt to surmise:

The memories of the time spent with you remain etched in my heart.
And the hope of getting to see you again,
Is what gets me through the toughest of ordeals.
You are my world, love,
You are my world and much more.
For if it weren't for you, my love,
I'd be nothing...nothing at all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Mukul is back ... awesome poem ....

Bahut acchi likhi hai

Mukul said...

nah...not back actually...more like when i need an emotional release :P (software engineers are bound to have such days :))

Nidhi said...

nice..finally u r regular..